Slider

Monday, July 14, 2014

**Important Fall Booking Dates**

I've been sort of dreading writing this post. It's something husband and I have talked over and over and over the past few weeks. I'm in a constant state of changing my mind on it all, because I just feel so very blessed to have such wonderful, loyal clients. I've watched families grow and bloom and start anew, and I just couldn't be more thankful for that opportunity. When I took the leap of faith to stay home two years ago, we knew that it would only be by the Lord's grace we would be able to pay our bills each month. He opened the door for me to pursue photography, and although I was initially very apprehensive, He reassured us both that He would provide. Month to month I needed just the right amount of sessions, and month to month He sent clients my way.

I've had so many of my most loyal clients ask me about photo sessions for this fall. In case you don't know, I'm due with our second sweet babe October 22nd. Just in time for the crisp, fall air and holiday festivities. We could not be more over joyed. When our son Canaan was born October 3, 2012, I took just a short three weeks off, and then hit the ground running with fall/Christmas photo sessions for my clients. I completely under estimated the toll a newborn baby takes on your time, sleep, and overall ability to function (a good toll obviously:). I'm so thankful I could provide families with their images, but it was just too much for my new momma heart to handle. I'm somewhat of an annoying perfectionist when it comes to editing and the "behind the scene hours" of editing each session left me overly exhausted. Guilt set in for not spending that time cuddling my very small baby.

As I said before, I've spent weeks contemplating what I would do this fall with Willow's arrival. I desperately want to please my clients, deliver beautiful images to them, and not lose their loyalty. I've built such good relationships with so many of them that the thought of letting them down burdened my heart. I selfishly don't want to lose a single one. I finally realized that I wasn't trusting in the Lord with this little business. He has provided all along the way, so I can trust He will continue to provide.

So, after much deliberating with myself, I will not be taking any more sessions this year after October 1st (In short, I'm booking August-September). My sons birthday is October 3rd, Willow will be arriving the 22nd (although I have a strong gut feeling she will come early), then the holiday season hits full force. I want to spend those first few weeks of Willow's life cuddling the mess out of her and giving myself ample time to adjust to life with two sweet tots. I already have a few ministry and family/close friends photo sessions booked after her arrival, and adding to that would just be too overwhelming. I know this isn't the most ideal for many of my clients, and for that I sincerely apologize.

Thank you in advance from the bottom of my heart for being the best clients a girl could ask for. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for allowing me to capture your beautiful families and for being so loyal. I consider myself extremely blessed to serve each and every one of my families. If you would like a session, please email me at katie.kubler@yahoo.com. All sessions will be booked before October 1st. I'm going to try my absolute best to fit each and everyone one of you in!

I look forward to booking many more sessions in 2015 and watching your families grow another year! I'll be launching an all new site, logo, etc in 2015, so I can't wait for that either. I hope you all have a wonderful end of summer, fall, and Holiday season. 2014 has been a great year for my little business, and I'm excited to end it with as many sessions as possible before Willow's arrival.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

Sincerely,
Kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs