Slider

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fitz Beats Cancer

I'd like to introduce you to Fitz. 





This spunky, hilarious, adorable, sensitive, caring, loveable little three year old was just an absolute delight to meet. And you MUST know, he's a big fan of Thomas the Train, oh, and dare I forget Diesel Ten. He could play with trains for days, and I don't think he ever tires of laughing. In fact, I'd say that smile hardly ever leaves his sweet little cheeks. His family was gracious enough to come let me play "fly on the wall" one morning in order to capture this time in their lives. Sweet Fitz is currently fighting defeating Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). He's a champ, and so is his precious family. Perryn is probably his biggest cheerleader. She captured my heart with her cheesy grinns and stone serious eyes. She may not understand what's taking place, but she sure provides a steady laugh and a melt of the heart. She loves her big brother, that much is obvious. Sally is probably one of the strongest mothers I know. And if I say anymore about how much I admire her strength and love for her son, I'll probably just sit here and weep instead of writing, so I'll press on. Brent's love for his girls and Fitz radiated during our entire session. There are a couple of images where he is smiling at his girls and they almost make me turn into a puddle of mush.

I'm incredibly honored to be documenting pieces of Fitz's journey to destroy cancer. This morning spent with the Doyle family was far more of a blessing for me than it probably was for them. They taught me that despite pain, there are still plenty of giggles to be had. Nights in the E.R. at St. Jude can still be molded into family time. And that cancer doesn't have to win. It may take a tremendous toll on their little family, but they aren't letting cancer define them. Trains are still played with, one year old birthday parties are still enjoyed, and cuddling over a Thomas the Train book is always a top priority.

I'm incredibly thankful to have gotten to meet Fitz and share some of this journey with him. Like I said, he's a complete champ. When his journey started just last month, he had 68% cancer in his tiny body. Today he has just 2%. PRAISE THE LORD. He currently just finished his first round of chemo. Please join me in praying for Fitz and his family. I serve a God that is far bigger, stronger, and mightier than cancer could ever be.





































If you would like to follow along with Fitz's journey you can read more at his Caring Bridge page.

If you live locally and would like to provide this family with a meal, you can sign up here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs